Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It has been a nice day in our house. Upon waking, I check my blog buddies and find that Baby Ethan, although had a tough night is having a better day. You can check out their blog for more info. Then we had a nice morning with Mawmaw and Grandad who drove in on their way up north. It was nice for them to love on the kids and catch up on each others news. I also put Jillian in the highchair for her morning meal. We are having to go to 2 feedings a day because, even though my supply runneth over, she is a hungry girl. She looks so cute in the highchair! Check out these pics!


Jilly and Grandad!



Mawmaw and Grandad with the kids.



Mawmaw took request for what we wanted her to bring. I asked for these haystacks. They are made with milk chocolate, the bark kind, melted and stirred with pretzels, marshmallows and peanuts...so yummy!


Then I made my purees for Deceptively Delicious. Y'all, they are so easy. You don't need much. Just a steamer device, a food processor, a measuring cup, zip lock bags and a sharpie. Here is my carrot puree.

Here is my pea puree. Aren't the colors pretty? You really can't taste the veggies in the food. It doesn't take the much time either. I spend an afternoon making the purees and then freeze them. I will probably start giving them to Jilly when she starts solids...besides the cereal she is already on.
I then went to wake up Gage and found this:

post signature

2 comments:

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

I've pureed all of Luke's food, too. So easy and so much cheaper and healthier than store-bought food! Yummy peas! :)

Janelle and Ella said...

You are super mom. I want to make my own baby food with the next one. You'll need to help me.
Love the last picture!! Gage is hilarious!