Monday, April 21, 2008

Peter Cottontail has been busy, and so have we!

The bunnies are running rampant in our neighborhood. It must be that busy time of year. I have seen at least 3 bunnies per day for the past week. Gage is loving it. Because the weather has been so nice, in the 80's and not too windy, for the past week, we have gone on several walks. Always keeping my eye open for those fluffy white-tailed creatures, I point them out to Gage as soon as I see one. The bad thing, once the rabbit sees a sprinting little person running towards them, panic sets in and off they go. Poor Gage! Today I went for a walk with my neighbor while Gage was still napping. Her little girl, who is 3, saw the rabbit I pointed out in the yard. She calmly walks up and the rabbit is off! Channing said, "The rabbit didn't like me!" Poor thing. I, on the other hand, expect the rabbit to hop like the wind when it sees me coming. If it lingers to long, I am afraid it might be rabid and will attack me. I'm not much a nature girl!

We too have been busy like the bunnies, just not the reproducing way...we are done with that for awhile. Life with two babes is equally fun, rewarding and exhausting. This newest phase has it ups and downs. First, Jillian is eating solids. It is a fun, yet totally mess stage. Being the finger sucker she is, every bite is followed by the thumb in the mouth. I am attempting to make all of her purees. Right now, we are on peas...easy enough. She is actually loving them. But here is the kicker. How do you explain to a 2 year old that their baby sister is going to sit in their BELOVED highchair while you get to stand around? And I do mean beloved. Gage can sit in that highchair for over an hour and be totally happy. He eats in it, plays with playdoh in it, reads, colors, watches TV in it. He loves it. So, I have order a new highchair just for Jilly. It is so cute and girly, you can check it out here! Jillian is so happy when she gets to sit in the chair, so I know she will love hers as much as Gage loves his. By the way, Chicco products rock!

Another, less exciting and joyful phase, is what I lovingly refer to as the psycho-nighttime baby phase. Little Miss Jillian is waking up 1, 2, 3 times a night. Goodness. I thought solids would help her sleep, but it isn't working. I am at a total loss. Does she need to eat more, does she need to eat less, is it gas, hunger, teeth?!? I tried to let her cry a bit, but that turns into a (literal) scream!!! I don't want her to wake up Gage, which thankfully hasn't happened yet. It is exhausting. I am going to attribute it to a growth spurt, mind you, this girl has some thickness to her, and that it will end soon. It has too. I remember, albeit, groggily, that Gage went through the same thing around this time. Now he is an ideal sleeper. So, pray for Jillian to sleep all night like she was a few weeks ago. Mama needs her sleep! It makes me appreciate the fact that Gage can actually tell me what he wants now, and 90% of the time I know what he is talking about! God bless those two!

Here is a picture of Jillian eating her cereal, pre-highchair phase! Feel free to leave comments. I would love to know who my readers are!



post signature

20 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That highchair is ADORABLE!!!! I'm so sorry about the night crying. You knowm me, I have no advice. But I'm sure it will work out like it did with Gage. You're a terrific mother!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

I love the high chair! And, I'm a reader. :)

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online zolpidem dosage 5mg - where to buy ambien online

Anonymous said...

cheap zolpidem generic ambien target - ambien side effects ear ringing

Anonymous said...

alprazolam no prescription xanax dosage rls - buy xanax cod delivery

Anonymous said...

buy generic xanax xanax and alcohol is fun - alprazolam 0 5mg para que serve

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan online lorazepam normon 1mg 50 comprimidos efg - buy ativan online no prescription

Anonymous said...

generic diazepam diazepam dosage tmj - diazepam class of drug

Anonymous said...

valium antidepressant valium drug test system - valium on empty stomach

Anonymous said...

is it illegal to buy xanax online xanax side effects elderly - xanax drug interactions caffeine

Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan vs librium withdrawal - generic ativan lorazepam

Anonymous said...

order alprazolam no prescription mixing xanax and alcohol effects - drug testing xanax urine testing

Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan 30 years - is 1mg of lorazepam a lot

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online addiction to diazepam valium - diazepam withdrawal effects

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam without prescription diazepam drug literature - diazepam max dose

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription online cheap valium india - buy valium online india

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription valium online spain - valium 5mg sleep

Anonymous said...

buy generic soma order soma online cod - drug schedule of soma

Anonymous said...

soma drug carisoprodol 700 mg - buy soma online cash delivery

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online overnight ambien uds - side effects of generic ambien cr