Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mini Milestones

I will be posting more about the CT trip soon, but things have been busy around here. The weather is to perfect not to spend as much time outside as possible. So, the days are flying by. There have been so fun little milestones that I want to document in the blog world.

First, this weekend Jillian officially found her tongue. I don't really remember this with Gage, although I know he did this too. It is just to cute for words. She is constantly sticking her tongue out in all sorts of ways, sometimes pointy, sometimes to one side, then the other, sometimes with just a hints poking out. It makes me smile every time I see it.

The second is that Gage is now saying "Thanks Mom (or Dad or Grandma or Jilly). It comes out more like, "Tanks Mom". I love it. He will even say it on his own, without being prompted. He is also saying "Owww". For example, we are playing outside, in the beautiful weather, near the swings in the backyard. He purposely bumps into them and says "owwwww" then repeats this pattern about 20 times. Each time I smiled and laughed at him. This pretend play stage is so much fun. Yesterday was pot-holder puppets, today it is the attack of the swing. Love it!

The psycho-nighttime-baby syndrome is getting a little better. I enjoyed sharing my hotel bed with Jillian this weekend, but once home, she is back in her crib. She took great naps yesterday and today and only woke up once last night before finally gracing us with her presence around 7:30am....lovely! We are trying to work out the solids issue. I think the rice cereal is giving her gas, so we are just trying squash for now. Lord, bless her tummy!


post signature

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

Ahhhh! Those mile stones are so fun! I love when Ella says thank you. It really is the cutest thing.