Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Ethan Update

I was able to speak to Kasey today. My friend Alicia and I are going to visit Kasey in 2 weeks and I wanted to verify the hospital they are at so we could book our hotel. I was surprised but glad that she answered the phone.

Y'all, she sounds tired. I thought I woke her up from a nap, but she said that it is just a hard day. You can get more specific updates at their blog, but I wanted to fill you in a bit. Ethan is responding to the chemo and it is doing its job. The downside is that the chemo is causing sores in his mouth, specifically on his tongue, and possibly down his throat. This makes eating painful. They were going to give him pain meds to try and help. He also has sores on his bottom. She said that Ethan has bad diarrhea, which is causing sores. Now, any mom knows that diaper rash can be bad, so know that this is much worse for little Ethan. You can read their blog to find out more.

Also, I have asked Kasey to set up a donation button on her blog. She is leery of doing so because she first and foremost wants prayers. But, as I stated to her, medical bills add up and insurance doesn't always cover everything. She wants to think and pray about doing the donation button and also find out exactly how the insurance is going to work. I know that I will be waiting for the button to help out in any way I can.

Also, if you have time, read the comments that have been written on their blog. They are so moving. It is great to be a Christian and read the encouraging words written by our fellow believers. If you feel led, please leave a comment for them, and thank you to those who have already left your words of support, prayers and encouragement.
With the Love of Christ,
post signature

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

You are such a good friend! I definitely think she should do the donation button! Thank you for encouraging her to do that.