Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Asian Style Dessert???

Now, I think of myself as pretty savvy in the kitchen. I love to make recipes from my Deceptively Delicious and 30 Minute Meals frequents my dinning table often. However, I have been stumped in the kitchen. This Friday is my monthly neighborhood Bunco night. I am co-hosting with my neighbor who planned to pick up Pei Wei (a yummy place). So, I am in charge of drinks, check, and dessert...no check! I was thinking of making (or buying) green tea ice cream, (I saw the guy on Take Home Chef do it) but what else. I don't know any fun Asian style desserts. I could get fortune cookies, but I need more. My inner Racheal Ray is crying out for something quick, easy and creative to come to mind. So, any help? Have you ever eaten an Asian style dessert?

post signature

3 comments:

Kim said...

Fresh fruit, my dear, such as mango, pineapple, dragon fruit, lychee...you can get quite exotic :-) The only other Asian desserts I know of involve coconut milk and or bean paste and are sort of jelly like - probably not the best first choice! I'll look in a couple of my Asian cookbooks and let you know if anything looks better than fruit!

Kim said...

Okay...a quick run down: Toasted Coconut Ice Cream, Banana Fritters, Coconut Creme Caramel, and Two Spice Vanilla Tapioca Pudding. Let me know if any of those sound intriguing enough to warrant a recipe!!!

Michelle said...

tag you are it! check out my blog!