Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bachelorette...Spoiler Alert: From 4 to 3-Hometown Dates

This post has links to the different foundations some of the guys have!!! Check them out!

Better late then never! Sorry I didn't post on Monday. We, the whole family, went to H-Town to visit Dave's parents. We had so much fun, but will post more on that later. I intended on putting the kids to bed and sitting down with a laptop instead of a pen and paper and blog about the bachelorette! Gage had other plans, which included a lot of screaming, climbing out of his pack-n-play and learning how to open the door to his bedroom (which was on the 2nd floor). So, I watched a bunch of Little Einsteins and called it a night. I had to pull out the mean mommy face, something that doesn't happen often.

So, this was the Hometown Dates episode! They started with a brief summary of DeAnna's feelings towards the guys. Did you know that Jeremy got the first rose, but Graham got the first kiss? Jesse is they guy that she says, "changed her mind." Graham is someone she feels very passionate about...ok, that is the update, lets get to the dates.


The first hometown date was with Jesse in Breckenridge, NC. Seriously, this guy is deep. I am loving him more and more. They meet on the slops, ready to snowboard. He gets hotter each episode. Last week I said I was really starting to like him and that feeling just got stronger this week. It was so cute how he was teaching her how to snowboard. DeAnna seems like the type of girl who likes adventure and Jesse can give that to her.

Did ya'll love his house? First, you see the HUGE tv, then the kitchen, where he labels his cabinets, then his snowboard gallery and his graphic of his foundation. Then his parents came over, and they made me love him even more!!! His dad wore this goofy hat with long hair sticking out underneath it. It set the mood of the evening to be fun and easy going. With that said, what a couple they are (the parents). They seemed so happy and honest and out to find the best in the situation. Both his parents shared how they had a hard time getting pregnant, and in fact, tried for 12 years before they finally quit trying and were blessed with Jesse. They named him Jesse because it means, "Gift from God." I appreciated the one on one times DeAnna had with both his mom and his dad. I just loved his family.

FINALLY Jesse kissed DeAnna on the carriage ride after his parents left. I felt for DeAnna when Jesse asked her if this was her first carriage ride, when she was actually on one a few weeks prior with Richard...this one was much better! Jesse seems like a true gentleman!


The next hometown date was with Jeremy in the Big D! Dallas, Texas! He picked her up on his bike and they drove around town. He was trying to sell her the city! I live here and I don't know if it is that great, but whatever, it has its ups and downs like anywhere else.

Do ya'll feel sad when you watch Jeremy? I sense sadness when I watch him. Maybe it is just the transmission from the tv, but he has such a past. Anyways, after the ride, they went to his condo. It was big and sterile. If Jesse's place exposed his personality, Jeremy's place showed none. I didn't see any family photo's or personal items. He has his study posters from the bar exam taped to his wall. Not Romantic!

His brother's and his sister-in-law came over for dinner. Something I thought was interesting was that Jeremy said this was the first time he had people over for dinner and he was glad it was his family and DeAnna. Either he just moved in or he doesn't do much socializing. I didn't know what to make of that. His older brother, Jason, seemed pretty unhappy with the purpose of the show. It seemed more like Jeremy is the youngest, but he is actually the middle child, with Patrick as the youngest. I say that because they seem very protective of him. It seemed like Jeremy was the closest with his mom. Did ya'll get teary when he read the journal about his mother's death? I did. I didn't think that was the best time to read that, with his family about to come over, but ok.

I am still not buying Jeremy for her. DeAnna did say to his brothers that she thinks he is perfect for her and meets all of the standards she has for a man, but is scared to accept it. I am surprised that he even went on this show. His brother Jason said that the last women to break his heart was his mother. It seems like the bachelorette is a big step to take back into the dating world!

The next hometown date was Jason. What a great reunion! When Jason saw DeAnna he started running towards her, they shared a big hug and both had huge smiles! It was so sweet, like something from Sleepless in Seattle, which is where Jason is fun, Seattle. DeAnna was nervous about meeting Jason's 3 year old son, Ty. I don't blame her. You never know how kids are going to react, especially at 3 years old. And, Jason has made it very clear that Ty is the most important thing in his life. Before they met up with Ty, they went to the top of the Space Needle and chatted. DeAnna shared that she wants 3 kids by 30. She is 26. Let assume she gets married at 27, that is a baby a year for 3 years. I had a baby a year for 2 years and I'm tired! God Bless her if that happens!

The reunion between Ty and Jason was so beautiful, and, of course, ABC conveniently played the emotional, heart-felt music during this scene. They both ran to each other and hug and rolled in the grass. I was as emotional as DeAnna was watching that! Jason kept saying, Daddy's not sad anymore. I wondered if he was sad because he was away from his son or if it had to do with his ex-wife? Probably the first.

As much as I loved Jesse's family, I loved Jason's more. They are not Greek, but made a full on Greek meal for DeAnna, welcoming her to their home. There to meet her were the parents and his brothers and sister. I loved that they made her feel welcomed. DeAnna did say that they way things were going with Jason, that she is falling in love!!


Oh Graham...
Where to begin? I wish this boy went to counseling for about 2 years before he met DeAnna. He has some issues for sure. I know that DeAnna has a passion for him, but that boy is like a turtle, when things get difficult, or he starts to have an emotion, he hides within himself. I am sure DeAnna was thinking/hoping that she would be the one to break him out of his shell and that his feelings for her would over-power his instinct to retreat...at least that is what I would have hoped for if I were her...more to that later.

This hometown date was in Raleigh, NC, where he grew up and where his parents live. They met at his high school where he said he grew up in the gym, playing ball. Their reunion was cute. DeAnna said "Graham is unbelievably smokin ’ hot. He’s my type 100 percent. I don’t really know how to explain it but I have this really passionate feeling toward Graham. He makes me feel like a giddy schoolgirl." It's must be true because that is how they were acting! Graham was smiling a lot more than I have ever seen him, plus, he looked tanner! Maybe he has been in Sean's tanning bed!

After playing some basketball, they chatted on the bleachers and then went to his parents house. His parents seem like the typical parents, but this conversation scared me:

DeAnna: “I’m worried that he’s not ready for me.”
Mom: “He’s not really had a lot of serious girlfriends. Finding someone that lasts past four weeks is difficult for Graham. He also doesn’t bring people in totally so he’s sort of lonely. Even though he’s got such a broad breadth of friends, he’s a little bit of a loner.”
DeAnna: “I feel like I’m falling for him more than he is for me.”
Mom: “You’ll make the decision that works for you.”

Graham, your mama's not on your side boy! Go to a counselor and work through things! You are to hot to waste away in your shell!

Graham and DeAnna spent some time on a bench where Graham, once again, turned into a turtle. DeAnna was opening up about how she felt about his and he was silent and looking away. SERIOUSLY!!!! GRAHAM, SNAP OUT OF IT! It was so frustrating. I could sense another Brad rejection on the way.

In the limo after the date, which ended badly, Graham didn't even kiss her goodbye, she said, "I’m disappointed. … I don’t know that I can spend the rest of my life begging Graham to fall in love with me.” Ouch!

Rose Ceremony:
First rose went to Jesse...YEA!
Second rose went to Jeremy...Boo!
Third rose went to...Jason or Graham? I was so torn. I have loved Graham, but that boy is a fixer-upper and a heart breaker. Jason seems great, but going into a relationship with a kid is a lot to take on!

Jason got the 3rd rose...and the drama wasn't over yet!

DeAnna walked Graham out and they sat on a bench. Graham's track record with chats on a bench are not good, future girlfriends beware! He finally got emotional though, but he didn't say anything. I wanted him to tell her to keep him, that he loved her and wanted her and would work on opening up. That she is sending the wrong guy home, that they could make a happy, passionate life together. Instead he let DeAnna say that she is sending home the one guy she was falling in love with because he couldn't open up to her. He gave her a letter and sent silently home in the limo...heart wrenching, totally heart wrenching.

If your aren't ready to let Graham go, check him out here or here!

I was still hoping that when they showed scenes from next week, that Graham would come running after her, but if it did happen, they don't show it. Next is the get aways with DeAnna in the Bahamas. They get to forgo their individual suites and share one with DeAnna if they choose. Jesse, sweet Jesse, said that he wasn't sure if he could do that until he met her father...sweet but a bid odd. It did make me love Jesse even more!!!!

I think Jason or Jeremy are the next to go.

But first, The Men Tell All...will Graham be there...
Until then, let me know your thoughts, I love reading all your comments!!!


post signature

4 comments:

Kasey said...

I actually watched this episode, but was totally captivated by your synopsis! Keep it up, I love it. About Graham, though. I liked him, but I've dated guys like him. Obviously, I said "dated"... meaning it didn't last because it has to be a two way street... and he just wasn't "giving back". I'm not sure who out of the other 3 I like best for her, but I'm leaning more towards Jesse I think. The guy with a kid seems like he's hiding something. I don't always get a "sincere' vibe from him.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on so many fronts...LOVE Jesse, he's so sweet and genuine. I think they'd have a fun, family-filled life together. I think Jeremy (through no fault of his own) is just kind of cold, perfect, etc etc. He obviously likes her and feels connected through their similar pasts but I don't see the same spark in him that DeAnna has and needs to keep things interesting. Loved Jason's hometown date too. I'm rooting for Jesse because he seems like the underdog, but I like Jason too. I think they're similar and he's a genuinely good guy. Graham = Brad, had to go!

Amy said...

i didn't get to watch this week so i loved reading all the details here! don't quit! you are so right on your thoughts on all the guys! i am cheering for Jesse! Afterall, he IS a gift from God. : )

Michelle said...

i am so pumped about tonight! can not wait to see who gets let go!

okay...
jeremy: i liked him a bit more because i understood him more. i am not sure that would be healthy if they stayed together but on the other side it could be very healing for them both. he still seems like he would be boring.

jesse: i like him more and more each time and respect him more than all of them.

jason: he is so sweet and i think for sure he would be a great match for her.

graham: he lost his chance! but, i have dated someone just like him for 5+ years and it is not a happy relationship. bless her heart...he was hard to let go!