Monday, June 9, 2008

The Bachelorette...Spoiler Alert: From 9 to 6

"We'll get there...and when we do, I hope lightening strikes." Robert.
.
.
.
hold on....
.
.
.
I just threw up a little in my mouth.
.
.
.
more on Robert in a second.

Let's start from the beginning. What a great show. It has passion, anger, tears, tantrums...all the things I see from my 2 year old. The dates broke down as follows:
1 on 1: Jesse
Group: Brian, Twilley, Sean, Jeremy, Graham and Jason
2 on 1: Fred and Robert

The one on one date had to be earned rather than just given away. Envision American Idol meets the Bachelorette! The guys had 20 mins to write a song and then perform it for her. How humbling! Some of the gentleman felt confident, like Brian, who wrote "The House of my Pain", while others, Jesse and Graham, looked like they were going to pass out from the process. Jesse, in spite of his nerves, got down on one knee and gave a pitiful performance of his song, "DeAnna". It was, however, the most heart felt and selfless performances. It won him the honor of the one on one date with her.

They went to a theater where a table was set for two. Jesse, dressed in a brand new spiffy suit, looked great. Ya'll, I have to admit that he is totally growing on me. His appearance totally sets me back, he looks like a punk, but the more she is with him the more I see him making her really happy. He has a passion for honesty and family that I don't see in the other guys. I was really glad when she gave him the rose. They danced to Natasha Bedingfield. It was pretty romantic.

Next up was the group date. The guys were totally psyched to go to a race track with DeAnna. When the guys walked out in their racing suits, it was like a scene from Armageddon.


Sorry about the size, but these are the bachelors in their racing gear.

It was a good date. All seemed going well until after they all raced. Jeremy showed his competitive side, but ultimately Sean went the fasted and therefore got the first alone time with DeAnna. During that time, it seemed like he just talked about himself and didn't inquire much about her...turn off. I guess that worked for DeAnna since Sean was the one to get the group date rose.

I'm glad he lost the mullet, but I am not into him at all.

Jeremy actually started to change my mind about him on this group date. I saw a more manly side of him. I guess my main beef with Jeremy was that he didn't seems like a guys guy. This episode showed more of that, but he still bugs me. DeAnna sure is into him though. I thought the comparison that Twilley made regarding the tortoise and the hare was a good one. He pegged Jeremy as the hare and the other guys are the tortoise.

Then came Graham...oh Graham, buddy, you are letting me down...

He had some alone time with her where he pretty much turned down her request for a kiss because he said, "I don't want to be one of a bunch; I want to be different." Hello, all you guys out there, don't turn a girl down when she obviously wants a kiss...unless she is drunk of course. They were so touchy-touchy before that, but once that happened DeAnna was hurt and over it.

Between the dates, before the 2 one 1, the guys had a good idea to have a BBQ with DeAnna to hang out. Good intentions, bad reality. It was like a frat party and DeAnna was not invited. Rob threw a fit about something and went to pout by himself. Graham was avoiding her and all the other guys seemed content to hang with each other. DeAnna had a normal emotional-girl moment and let them have it, leaving the guys speechless. Good for her!

Next was the 2 on 1 date with Fred and Robert.


They spent the evening at a mansion in the Hollywood Hills. Let me get Fred out of the way. Super cute, super sweet, but Jesse put it best when he said, "I think Freddie was a good dude, but he was stuck in Friend-Zone." Robert was Robert. From my previous posts about this show, I haven't been a fan of his. He oozes hormones like a middle school kid in gym class. He had his shirt unbuttoned so much I could see his freshly waxed chest. He just bugs me. He was so into the connection and the chemistry and the chemistry and the connection. He and DeAnna had it according to him. He spoke with Fred prior to the date and said that the rose would come down to the first kiss, of course, because Robert is obsessed with sex...see above mentioned middle school boy reference. He went in for the kiss and DEANNA GAVE HIM THE CHEEK. I am sure her mama would have been proud. She sent him home without a rose without shedding a tear. Fred, who thought he would be staying, was sent home right after. DeAnna didn't feel "it" for him and tearfully said goodbye to a great man.

DeAnna goes back to the mansion, alone, but is met by Jason, the only man left in the house. It was a good position for him to be in.

The rose ceremony, which included a pool party where DeAnna had a swimsuit similar to the one I just got from Nordstroms, had enough roses for all but one bachelor. Graham finally got DeAnna alone. I kept hoping throughout the show that he would pull a Twilley and be waiting for her after he date, but he didn't. Here is my Graham theory. He is her fantasy. He is the compassionate lover, the best friend, the man you have hot dreams about, but will the reality of Graham live up to that fantasy? I don't know. I figured that Brian and Twilley would get the boot.

It turned out that Twilley stayed and Brian was sent back to Ft Worth. See you at the Stockyards Brian...

I think Twilley and Sean will be sent home next week.

Until then, let me know your thoughts!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree with all your thoughts! I think Sean and Twilley need to go home. Can you believe Sean called her a Redneck and still got a rose? I would have been like - No way, dude!

Poor Fred. SUCH A NICE GUY - but as a southern girl, I could never marry someone with that accent. I guess that makes me a snob, but it would drive me nuts I think. However, girls from Chicago are going to be beating down his door!

She obviously has a strong connection with Jason, Jeremy, and Graham. I think that she should keep Graham around because she obviously has it BAD for him. I honestly think most of the blow up at the BBQ was about Graham. Here she has 8 other guys drooling over her and she's all about Graham. I can totally understand where he's coming from - I think most guys would have a hard time sharing a girl they really like. They just shouldn't be on the Bachelorette if they can't get over it. From next week's scenes though, it sure looks like he got over that. It should be interesting.

Amy said...

Linsey, I found your blog through Janelle's and I am so glad I did, b/c you are totally cracking me up on your bachelorette summary! Last night was the first time I have watched so I don't really have good read on the guys yet but I could not agree more on your Robert comments. He needs to move on over to Bravo! I was kinda sad to see Brian go, just b/c he is a coach from Texas and I am partial to those! : ) And Jesse seems really sweet to me. His whole bashful serenade did it for me. cute. cute. I'll agree Fred was a nice guy but I could not listen to that accent for the next 50 years! Keep the Linsey Aftershow coming! Lovin' it! LOL!

OH, BTW, do you see Kassie much? She needs a blog!

Michelle said...

okay...so i am hooked on this show.
i will for sure be reading your summary weekly...you crack me up.

observations...
*Jesse looks like Michael Douglas and he got Catherine Zeta Jones, so this could happen. He is pretty cool and really surprised me on the date.
*Robert disgusted me. What I thought was so funny that he thought there was major chemistry. He is in his own dream world. I am sure lots of girls have broken up with him...he just doesn't want to admit it. They are all sitting at one house laughing at him and they have named themselves... The "Robert...You Give me the Willies" Club".
*Jeremy tries way too hard and I think in the end he would be controlling.
*Graham is a cutie, but a bad boy. They would fight way too much. I think she will not pick him in the end because she is on target so far.
*Jason is my pick for Dianna. He is very well rounded and seems fun.

Michelle said...

oh yeah..one more...
Sean says "baby" way too much.
Ick!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

I'm so glad to see there are fellow "addicts" out there. :)

Robert: so glad he's gone; he was just oooozing sleeze-ball ... blaggh!! and his unbuttoned shirt ... no thanks!

Fred: Fred, Fred, Fred. I felt bad thinking this, but it looks like I'm not the only one that couldn't handle his accent. Genuine guy, though.

Brian: I was a little sad to see him go, but I do agree with DeAnna that he didn't make a huge effort to get to know her.

Sean & Twilley: Spares.

Jesse: He is growing on me. I love how laid-back and honest he is.

Jeremy: He is starting to scare me and he seems like a control-freak. I think it's more about the chase for him.

Graham: Obviously smokin', but I'm not sure if his intentions are totally believable. And he's a pro-basketball player?? Please come to the MAVS!! :)

Jason: LOVE HIM! He's my fave. He seems like the best fit for DeAnna and he ain't ugly either. :)