Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Sweet Little Biter


Well Miss Jillian, I just put you "nigh-night". It is something I love to do. Normally we read a couple of books, our favorites right now are Cuddle Up with Fury Critters and My First Words, nurse and then walk your room until your sweet fuzzy head rests on my shoulder, your thumb secured in your mouth. When I lay you down, still awake, I cover you up with your pink monogrammed bear blanket, kiss your head and tell you nigh-night. As I leave, I look at your sweet face peeking up over the edge of the crib, watching me go. You are the sweetest baby girl I could have ever received.

You turned 7 months just two days ago. The time has flown by with you as it has with your brother. You are getting so big and so cute! You make me laugh every day. It is an honor to call you my daughter. Last week was a very busy week for you. You bravely cut two teeth, both of which are on the bottom. They are like little white razor blades which you like to test out on our fingers. You also learned how to successfully get on all fours. You get so proud of yourself that you can only hold that position for a few seconds before collapsing and gyrating in excitement on the blanket. Another great achievement you completed last week was being able to sit on your bottom. I am not brave enough to leave you there with our support, so you either sit between someones legs or are cuddled by the Boppy. You love to have a new vantage point. Your brother, Gage, loves this too as he can see you more eye to eye. Just tonight, while Finding Nemo was on tv, Gage came down to your blanket where you were sitting, just to check you out and make sure you were happy. I can see already that he will be a loving and protective big brother for you.

Gage loves you so much. He often comes to your side to give you one, gentle stroke on your fuzzy noggin. That is all, not two or three, just one caress. When you cry, which is usually when you are poopy, he will say, "Jilly, No Cry" or "Jilly, Crying?!?!". It is pretty cute. Some of his other favorite terms for you are, "Jilly, No eat it" or "Silly Jilly". He came up with Jilly on his own. Your daddy and I discussed this as a nickname for you, but never mentioned it to him. He loves his little Jilly.

Some of my favorite things about you at this stage include the following, your sweet scrunchy face, when you get really excited, you wiggle your whole body, how you always smile when you see your brother, even if he isn't noticing you at the moment, your sweet face first thing in the morning, you always, always, always greet me with the BIGGEST smile. I love dressing you up. When I found out I was having a girl, I was a little concerned by the amount of accessories for you little ladies. However, I have embraced the girlie, and love to dress you up in some fun outfit with a matching bow or hat. I have the pictures to prove it! I love putting you to sleep, rocking you or walking with you until your head gets heavy. You still fit in my arms so perfectly!

One thing that I loved especially was nursing you. I take great pride as a mother in giving you the best nourishment I could provide. I did the same for your brother. I mentally prepared myself to nurse you both for a full year. Neither of you took bottles, so I planned to be near you for every feeding. It was never a bother or a hindrance, just part of my role for you. Unfortunately, like your brother, you both got teeth early and used them to bite mommy. Ouch! The past week has been a trial in the nursing arena. I decided today, after getting bitten every time I nursed, that I would stop breastfeeding you, my sweet little baby. It is something that brought many tears to my eyes, just like when I stopped nursing your brother. It is a bond that I will never be able to share with you again. It was a big way that I could show you I loved you.

With all that said, my Little Mama loves her Playtex bottle! You sucked down 6 ounces after I tried to nurse you on both sides (where you bite me both times!)! It made this ending a little easier. I hope you sleep well tonight. I will be pumping as long as my supply will allow and will know I can give you that part of me for a few more months.

Jilly Bean, my sweet Little Mama, I am honored to be your mommy and couldn't have picked a better daughter in all the world. I love you!

Mom


Thanks to Amy Howe for taking the great pictures. I can't wait for you to come back to take the rest!

post signature

4 comments:

Kim said...

Linsey -

That was a beautiful tribute to your daughter. She will so love reading that one day when she is older :-) Just wait until she starts shaving her legs as Ali did yesterday - where have the 11 years and 7 months gone!! XOXO - Kim

Alicia said...

That was so sweet- I need to do that for my girls as well!

Kasey said...

Precious... absolutely precious.

Janelle and Ella said...

I looked at your AMAZING pictures a few days ago, but just got around to reading it. I'm so sorry that you had to stop nursing sweet little Jilly (I love that Gage calls her that). I know that was a hard decision to make. I'm glad she is doing well with the bottle.