Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trip to CT : Saturday and Sunday


Sorry for the delay in my story telling, but it has been a busy week. Nothing special, just business!

Saturday was Girls Day. Alicia and I spent the morning in our hotel room as we weren't planning on meeting Kasey at the hospital until around 1pm. Jillian woke around 7am and we just laid around in bed for a long time. She and I shared a bed. It was so sweet and something I was looking forward too. Around 8am she was ready for a nap, we must have worn her out on Friday! She took an almost 3 hour nap that day...praise the Lord. During that time, Alicia and I got cleaned up, played on the computer and lounged around. It was nice!


Alicia enjoying some blogging!

Yea! Shower time!All smiles when she finally woke up!

That afternoon we went to eat at a great little restaurant right across from the hospital. It was so nice to sit around and catch up on old times. We have some funny stories from college. Crazy boys and crazy roommates! After lunch we went to the mall. I think just getting out of the hospital and doing normal life things was really good for Kasey. It helps take your mind off things and just relax.

After the mall we dropped Kasey off at the hospital and Alicia, Jillian and I went to the hotel. We had a really nice set up. We were in a 2 bedroom suite. At first we went to our room and it was a studio suite. Hello! That defeats getting a suite if we are all in one room. I wanted a separate room for Jillian so that when she slept, we could talk. So, we got upgraded to the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Jillian took another nap and we vegged out in front of the tv. When Kasey was ready, I picked her up and we had a nice chat in the car before going into the hotel. I have had a lot of experience in hospitals. Although I was in there for my husband and she is in there for her baby, I tried to share some knowledge I gained through my experience. It is a hard time. Kasey asked me how I did it and wondered how she would do it as well. I told her, "You don't have a choice. You just do it." It is true though. I am sure some of you have been in a hard situation and wondered how you were going to make it. Sure enough, one day ends and another begins. All the while, you are just doing it. It was a nice time in the car that night.

After getting some to-go food, we watched 27 Dresses...totally girly and predictable, but good.

Sunday was a great day. We had to be at the airport at around 12:30, so we planned on getting to the hospital early with breakfast from McDonald's. Yummy! Well, we didn't know that visiting hours didn't start until 10am, so we all ate breakfast in the seating area.

Kasey came down to eat with us and had some interesting news. She was told, right before we arrived, that they could go home! Although Ethan is a very sick little boy, he was not in need of transfusions, because his good blood cells were increasing on their own, so that meant he could continue treatment at home. You can read more about it on Kasey's blog, but so far, his good cells are increasing and he spent this whole past week at home. What a blessing! We got to help Kasey pack up their room and spend the last bit of time Ethan had in the hospital with him, taking lots of pictures and enjoying the good news!

Alicia and Kasey packing up the room
Ethan was happy to go home!
Putting his "going home" outfit on!
Ethan was a little mad at this point. That boy was going through a MAJOR growth spurt and needed to eat!! Jillian is making her spitting face!




Yes, he is still hungry!
Ok, here is his food!
Kasey, Adam (her hubby) and Ethan
The nursed gave Ethan a Superman outfit. It is fitting. He is such a strong, and happy, and beautiful baby.

The family, happy to go home!
It was so good to be there with Kasey. There weren't tears until we were saying goodbye on the elevator, but it was alright. Kasey is such a strong mom. Ethan is going to be just fine.
The plane trip home was much longer the one going there. Or at least it felt like it. I came home to a very happy little boy. Gage seems older and bigger when I got home, and a bit cuter too! Jillian missed him very much. She giggled like I have never heard her giggle that night when she was reunited with her big brother. It was so sweet.
Thanks for asking about my trip. It was a good experience. I hope to go back in the future!

post signature

2 comments:

Kim said...

So glad that you guys could be there for Kasey, Adam and Ethan! I am sure all the girl time was super appreciated and enjoyed :-)

Kasey said...

Linsey, I loved reading about our weekend all over again! Thanks for taking the time to write it all out. It was super great to see you and Alicia. I'm STILL blown away that you guys came. Love you both!