Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blog Book Club

How fun does that sound?!?! I am starting a blog book club. I read books pretty fast, so I will try to give advanced notice as to which book I will be reading next. (Side Note: If you haven't read Twilight by Stephanie Meyers yet...READ IT! See previous post for more info.)

Here's how it will go. The book for the month of June is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. They are even filming a movie based on the book starting Cameron Diaz. Toward the end of the month I will post some questions based on book and hopefully we can get a good discussion via the comment section of the blog!

Here is a short synopsis of the book! Hope it is a good one! Let me know if you are interested.


post signature

6 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh my gosh...this is a great idea!! I've been wanting to get involved in a book club. I, however, am the slowest reader on the face of the earth, so I will try to keep up. But this is a great idea.

Jill said...

Sounds great - I will purchase my book this weekend! I've been needing a fiction book to balance out the other things I read. What a fun idea!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a good idea! Don't know how much time I'll have to read in June, but I'll give it a shot!

Kim said...

Sign me up!! I am in the middle of an enormously epic tome of fiction at the moment...but, I will wrap it up or simply put it down and jump in to the new one :-) Thanks

Heather said...

Me too! I've always wanted to do "bookclub" but didn't know if people actually did it and all that. I'll see if my library has got it! How will this work?

Kasey said...

I'd like to try this, too. I read the excerpt that you posted. Sounds like a mildly fitting story for this time in my life, though we are not having another child to help aid Ethan's battle :). I don't know what my time will be like over the next several months, but I'd like to try and do this if I can....