Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blown Away

If you don't know what I am talking about, all I have to say is...David! I was blown away by the American Idol Finale. What a show. Although I skipped through most of the group singing which unfortunately included awkward dancing by the contestants, I loved the performances with the "real" singers. By far, my favorite moment was when my sweet David Archuletta sang with my beloved ONE REPUBLIC. I became a fan of ONE REPUBLIC when their song was played on So You Think You Can Dance a season or so ago. It was on my MySpace page and is currently on my blog playlist. I have never seen the band play, but was pleased. However, when David A. came out to sing...oh, I got chills. It was amazing. What happens when the American Idol finalist is a better singer than the recording artist??? I don't know, but it was amazing. I will be buying both Davids' cds when they come out!

I didn't even care who won (albeit it wasn't the one I voted for ALL night long). I was proud to see them both up there, living their dream. There parents must be so proud.

On another note, I went car shopping today. I love our Lincoln Navigator...AKA...Navie, but it is a bit hard to get the babes in and out of. So, I looked at the Chrystler Town and Country. Yes, I am crossing over to the dark side...I will become a Mini-Van-Mama! Although I am not to excited about that title, I know I will love the ease the car will give me and the family. We are also going to look at the Toyota Sienna and the Chrystler Pacifica. I will keep you posted!

Go Davids!!! Can't wait for the next season of Idol, which starts in January!


post signature

2 comments:

Kim said...

No hip-hip-hoorays from me; but you know that my David won tonight :-) I was so pleased for both and I feel that David Archuletta will have an easier wade into the waters of stardom as a runner-up than as the winner. Less pressure and more room for him to take his time. I love AI and can't wait to support season 8!!

Kristen said...

Yeah David Cook!!! I am so excited!

On the car front, I love my Pacifica but Chryslers aren't the most reliable vehicles. According to my consumer reports, you are much better off with the Toyota Sienna or the Honda Odyssey if you plan to keep it more than 3 years. If not, then the warranty on anything else would be fine and the Pacifica is very convenient.

Also, minivans have sliding doors so you don't have to worry about your child banging into the car next to you like on the Pacifica...