Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nap, oh Nap...Where are you?!?!

Gage is not napping.

Help

Have you seen his nap any where?

If so, please return it to him quickly.

He is on a 4 week nap strike. Imagine my little man picketing around his room with a sign that say, "Oh No! I won't go...nig-night that is!"

Ya'll, 2 1/2 year old are meant to have a nap. Gage missed this point in his womb class because he has decided that he only wants to nap 2-4 times a week. Who is this hurting? Jillian. He is getting more aggressive and "wrestler-ish" with her. I am also struggling. That 3-5 was my time during the day to nap/read/rest/whatever.

Have any of you gone through a long nap strike? I am hoping we will get back on track but we are on week 4 of the nap strike and things are not looking good.

Any advice?



post signature

3 comments:

Kim said...

I hate to say it darling, but your nap days may be over...I know, not the advice you wanted :-( All three of my wee babes by 2 1/2 were done. It just meant quiet time activities like coloring or looking at books, doing a puzzle or watching a favorite video. Sorry sugar!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I came across your blog and had to comment because I can definitely relate! My almost 3 year old boy just did the same thing - it started the first week of August, and I just kept putting him down as usual, pretended it wasn't happening (I was going crazy)and putting him back in bed if I caught him out, and finally the last 3 days he's fallen asleep! Obviously by his behavior, he still needs one - also if he is going to preschool, maybe their feeding him too much sugar - juice? etc; Anyway, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I went for a car ride for a few days when he decided he needed a nap strike. It worked until age 4. Hope he gets back in his groove!
~Lori