Monday, February 9, 2009

The Bachelor Recap #6...hometown dates

Darn it.  I totally watched the bachelor on monday and blogged about it.  However, I didn't post because I wanted to proof it.  Then I forgot and here it is Thursday and I am just now doing it.  Darn it!  Anyways, here it is...

First let me say that when I found out the President was going to be speaking at 7pm I almost had an accident.  I had to immediately check my tivo to make sure that one, the bachelor was still coming on and two, that I was going to tivo the entire show.  Peace was with me because the bachelor is on and we get to see it all!  Yea!  Good planning President Obama!

This is the hometown dates!  I am watching the previews, which by the way are lasting forever, but I really think I like Melissa for him the best.  I for sure don't like Naomi and am also not really a fan of Molly.  I like Jillian because she has my daughter's name, but also because she is so fun.  I think Melissa is the best match for him.  We shall see!

Hometown #1: Kelowna, B.C. Canada...Jillian
(let me take this opportunity to send a shout out to all my Canadian readers!  What's up, eh?)
After their reunion, which included a slow motion running hug, kisses and romantic gazes, they went to a winery.  Jillian opens up to him that her mom suffered from depression when she was growing up.  It was touching to see her get so emotional about the struggle her parents had in their marriage due to the depression.  I think it was good for Jason to know that about her and see a softer side.  

Jason met Jillian's parents, cousin, cousin's boyfriend and possibly her grandmother.  Her mother gave a sweet, but cheesy toast to Jillian and then asked to take Jason aside.  She actually had a typed out list of questions to ask him.  So funny...I can envision the family sitting together before he showed up and created that list of questions!  After the interrogation (not really, she was actually really nice to Jason) Peggy went to talk to Jillian.  Glen, her dad, seemed so sweet.  He got emotional just talking about Jillian.  I am sure that Jillian's father has created rather large shoes for her future husband to fill, he seemed like a kind and loving man.  

(Side Note: Is anyone getting tired of the side pony on Jillian?  She always has her hair like that.)

The Granny came!  What a class act!  I think she had love-at-first-sight with Jason.  Shortly after, Jason left and got ready for HM Date #2.

Hometown Date #2 Grand Rapids, MI...Molly
They meet at a country club.  Random.  Don't really picture Jason as a country club type of guy.  I have only been watching Molly's date for a couple of minutes and I am already done with her.  Sweet girl, but I think she NOT going to last.  Could she have put any more pressure on Jason by repeatedly commenting on how she does not bring guys she dates home because she cares so intensely about what her parents thing?  Yikes!  Then, double yikes, Molly's mom brings out head gear.  Oh my!  Poor Jas.

The head dresses come off and the momma takes him to draw Molly's picture, really?  Her dad gives his approval to her and a bit of advice.  He told her that if she doesn't make it to the end, don't cry in the limo.  Ha!  That made me laugh.  I'm glad he doesn't want the type of daughter that cusses out the camera guys while balling like she just witnessed the murder of her dog.  Good guy.  

Ok, so maybe I do like Molly for Jason.  

Hometown Date #3 Lake Elsinore, CA...Naomi
Someone, please tell her that "important" should be pronounced with a T!!!!!  (pet peeve, sorry)  Jason meets her mom, dad, sister, younger brother, niece, nephew and half-sister.  First comes the hula hoops.  Poor Jason, he can't hula hoop...hope that isn't an indicator of his beneath the sheets moves.  Heehee!  Second comes the dead dove.  OME!!  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Jason, run now, run as fast as you can!!!  Let us all have a moment of silence for Rosy, the dead dove.

Seriously, Naomi is a goner.  Pack up now and lets get to Melissa's date...

(I do have to mention, before moving on, Hector, the father, sits Jason down to give him the christian spiritual conversation.  He got pretty intimate on the topic, but then the mom interrupted them and took Jason away for some one on one!  She then sits down with him and discusses the premonitions she has and how Naomi is strong psychically.  Then she moved on to reincarnation.  Hmmmmm...no wonder Naomi's parents got a divorce.)

Hometown Date #4 Dallas, TX...Melissa (YEA DALLAS!)
Their reunion was by far the best!  They were so giddy happy lovey dovey.  Love it!  Love her!  She gave Jason a gift, which she made, and it was for Ty...a tooth fair tooth holder.  Major brownie points!  Then the floor drops a bit.  Her parents did not feel comfortable meeting Jason with all the cameras.  Poor Melissa.  Suck it up folks, she needs this!  I thought it was actually really nice because the friends she brought him to meet were married and had kids.  I thought it was going to be more of a bunch of young girls drooling over Jason, but was glad that it still had the family vibe to it.  

The girls split and googoo over how great she feels with Jason.  The guys split and talked about Melissa.  The guys had only good things to say about her.  It was really sweet because the talk about her like they would talk about their little sister.  So sweet!

A red flag for Jason was the fact that her close friends didn't really know her parents and vice versa.  Jason and Melissa were the only ones, from all the hometown dates, that got alone time together after the "family time".  She had to explain to him that her parents are very private people, don't know her friends, didn't go to any of her games.   Sad, but then they kissed a bunch, so that made it better!

Rose Ceremony
#1: Molly...she looked like she was wearing my BCBGMaxAzria dress, which I have in blue and wore to the Twilight Premiere.  I wore it better! :)
#2: Jillian
#3: Melissa

Bye bye Naomi.  Poor thing, but they just weren't compatible.  At least not to me, the viewer of the Bachelor.  

(deanna, are you even coming back?  deanna, are you there?)

post signature

2 comments:

Kristen said...

When I first read that you almost had an accident when you heard about the press conference, I thought you meant you also wet yourself! I'm hoping you were driving and meant car accident... :-)

Kristen said...

I think Deanna is coming back next week while they are on their "fantasy" dates. Should be interesting!

Good recap, Lins.