Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Bachelor

Oh how I love to escape life and enjoy the ridiculous drama of the Bachelor. This season will prove, once again, to be full of cattiness, make-outs, breakups, tears and surprises....I would expect nothing less from ABC!

Jason...originally on the Bachelorette with DeAnna. (Side Note: I am still mad at her. She got mad at Brad for not picking her at the final rose ceremony, but then accepts a proposal from Jesse, which she then proceeds to dump after they were living together...that ain't right). Jason is a single dad whose wife divorced him a few years ago. I said before, and I will say again, I think he has some kind of issue. Maybe anger, maybe jealousy, but something.

I am not going into all the women because, well, I have kids and there are just to many to talk about. I will mention a few, but not by name because I am too lazy to look at the website. If I were to say "botox face" would you know who I was talking about? Sad story, but seriously, ladies, lets us that as an example of when to say no to the plastic surgeon. What about the "vision board girl". There is always one of those, the older(est) girl on the show who, although seems somewhat normal has become a bit crazed in her quest to find a man. Plus, I think she goes to yoga too much! I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, maybe not for Jason, but just because I loved her in the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show! Of course, we can't forget all the drama between stealing Jason away, the drunk ones, the dancers and the ones with written words for their love Jason...OH, what about the stalker, teeth girl. She was the dental hygienist...watch out for that one Jason. I don't really have a favorite yet. There was a blond teacher that I liked, I think she taught history. I vote for her!

Two twists this season: They had a box for the girls to vote out someone they think "isn't right" for Jason, when in reality, they are going to vote off the prettiest one who poses the most competition. ABC knows what they are doing in the create drama department. The girls ended up voting out the single mom of a 14 month old (that is Jillian's age). However, the plan backfired in their face as the twist was really that the votes gave her a rose instead of giving her the boot. I didn't like that twist at all. Not a fan of that girl, and not a fan of the elimination voting box.

Second twist: DeAnna will return. Ya'll, I think he is going to pick her. I do. I don't know exactly what I think of that, or her, or them, but I'll ponder my thoughts and fill you in.

Ok, I am off. Promise to have more pictures and details as the show goes on. I am just not a fan of the beginning. I don't like all the drama and competition. I like to watch the dates and get to know the girls and how they work with Jason. So, let me know your thoughts, favorite and opinions on all the Bachelor!


post signature

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I'm so excited a new TWO hour show comes on tonight!!
I'm glad you are doing a recap! It's fun. I can't believe he kept teeth girl. My favorite is the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. She is reminding me of Jenny that I loved so much from a couple seasons ago. But I don't remember her from the show.
I totally agree that something must not be right with Jason. He can't be as perfect as he seems, right? :-)

jessicawhitfield said...

It makes me mad that they let deAnna come back. i don't think its fair but mark says it adds to the drama. i can't help but like the stalker girl. she's just really excited to be there. i think they'll be a fist fight this season lol