Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NYC Fashion

First, let me say thank you all for your input on the my clothing selections! How fun it is, I am like your own dress up doll! Keep the opinions coming and make sure you check back to see the pictures.

Ok, my favorite option so far is #1, the shirt from Nordstroms. Well, they did not have my size at my local mall so they told me I could have them ship it from another store and not pay the shipping fees. Great, right? Not when it gets rejected. I'm not talking about cutting up your credit card rejected, I'm talking about the store messed up and canceled my perfectly paid for order rejected. Seriously? That was my favorite shirt. I spoke with Kathy, the very nice customer service lady, who said she would check things out and call me back. I politely, because she was being so helpful, told her that I NEEDED this shirt for a VIP NYC trip. She is going to call me back. Man, I hope I get it in time. If not, I will survive...and in another fabulous shirt, might I add!

Next, I bought the railroad striped jeans from Gap...fit super cute by the way, however, why are all pants made to fit super-model-tall women? What is a 5ft 4in girl to do? Well, I marched my short behind over to the alterations place and told her my story. I was with Dave and the kids, which help because they are so dern cute, and they couldn't have been more helpful. My pants will be ready tomorrow for only a $4 rush fee. Sweet Vietnamese lady! I told her I loved her and she replied by telling me that she loved my kids. How sweet.

So, hopefully Nordstroms will know what is good for them and rush that shirt to my house pronto! If not, Anthropologie it will be!


post signature

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

Whoa! Did all this come about while I was in Africa? How did I not know you went to NY? That is so fun. I wish I was into the Twilight Series so I could listen to y'all.