Friday, July 25, 2008

Milestones

*Jillian has 5 teeth and is working very much on getting the 6th tooth out. She has 3 one top-about to be 4, and 2 on bottom

*On Wednesday, July 23, 2008 Jillian started crawling, like inch worm crawling, not all fours crawling

*On Thursday, July 24, 2008 Gage went peepee on his Elmo potty for the first time. I was putting him to bed and he was stalling hard. Leo. "Kuk"...aka pacifier. Pool. Outside. He is giving me his list of demands hoping that one of those will stick and he can delay going to bed a bit more. I didn't give in to any of those, but did offer the opportunity to say goodnight to the pictures in the hallway. It is a nightly tradition to say goodnight to the family in the pictures before bed. While doing so, I felt a warm sensation on my hip...GREAT, I am getting peed on. Gage said, "peepee". I said, "Yes, let's go get you cleaned up." I really don't know what was wrong with the diaper, it appeared to be on right, but while changing him up, he says, "Elmo, Elmo?!?!" We have this Elmo potty chair. I assumed this was another stall tactic, since he has asked for it before but could never get the pee out. This time, praise the Lord, the pee came out! I was so excited, but have heard that you could scare the pee and it stop coming out by to much enthusiasm, so I kept it cool, but obviously excited. He looked down and said his favorite thing, "Whas that?" I told him it was the pee pee. Then he said, "water" and tried to stick his finger in it! Yuck. For he reward he got to call his grandma! It was a great moment. Now, I need to get a jar, the Potty Jar, and put candy in it! This is a good first step to potty training. We will see if it keeps up!


post signature

No comments: